Saturday, August 23, 2008

Such excitement...

A few nights ago I arrived home late - after the girls were asleep. Our field trip group met to plan the monthly field trips for the upcoming school year. I am so excited by the variety of field trips and the selection of what we voted on. I was almost tempted to wake the girls just to share what is planned! But, I didn't -- waited till morning. GVG was first to arise. When MEG got up, GVG reminded me to tell MEG. The look on each of their faces when I read through the list was priceless. If you would have been a fly on the wall when Daddy returned from work, here is what you would have heard as the girls reported to Daddy.......

"We get to see where the Colts play...the locker room...the suites...the field...the retractable roof...maybe even Peyton Manning or Tony Dungy..." (now that'd be the icing on the cake!)
"We're going on a 60-minute real train ride..."
"We're going to the Planetarium...learn about the star of Bethlehem..."
"We're going to the news station and watch as they put on the news..."
"This is going to the best year!"

Daddy's responses were, "Oh, really; wish I could go; that will be neat..."

We had a fun night last night. We took the girls to see the American Girl Kit movie at the dollar theater. Kit was just as good as the other three movies are.

Gotta get back to cleaning. Have a good day.
~Wee

1 comment:

MomB said...

This is the third time I have tried to leave a comment. I'm not sure what I am doing wrong but it keeps coming up with incorrect password. Anyway, I enjoyed (so did Dad) your latest blog. Love, Mom