Saturday, March 7, 2009

Week No. 6

I realize I haven't kept up on the girls' basketball games. The last two games have looked really good (not that the previous games haven't) in that all the girls have gelled nicely as a team ~~ there is controlled ball handling, great efforts on defense, confidence in carrying out offensive moves or plays, and smiles on their faces. The game today was fun to watch. Each of the girls on our team made at least one basket in today's game!

This is a 3rd and 4th grade league, so for being one of the younger players, Grace has done a good job in staying up with the others. We have seen improvement in her as the season has progressed. She is more confident in her ball handling and does a great job on defense (that's also where she excelled in soccer). Today, she made her first game basket, so she was excited about that! She received the gold star for best sportsmanship. Here is Grace dribbling the ball.
Megan made a couple baskets in today's game. Because she is so quick, I love watching her dribble the ball. She starts going one direction, then quickly changes and goes in the other direction, backs into the lane and shoots. Today she received the red star for best defense. Here she is heading into the lane.

~Wee

2 comments:

MomB said...

Good going girls! You both are outstanding in your games! I hope we get to see you play before the season ends. Love you, momb

Anonymous said...

I can definitely see a difference in the girl's playing ability since the begining of the season. They are both doing a great job as well as the whole team! GJ, Daddy