Saturday, November 28, 2009

New Rooms, New Looks

The week before the girls and I went to my parents for a week back in October, we switched some rooms around. The girls went from sharing one room on the main floor to Megan having her own room and Grace and Leah sharing a room. They were excited to move upstairs and into their "new" rooms. Over the course of this week, we finished the project -- we painted.

We chose bright colors for Grace and Leah's room. The exciting part was that we were able to use things we had here around the house. The only purchase (besides paint) was the tulle for the windows. It's always helpful to keep costs down!

This room brings back memories of my childhood :) I also had a yellow room (though a bit lighter), the two lamps were what Tess and I each received for birthday gifts years ago, and the comforter on the bed is what my Grandma Broquard pieced together.
Liking their new room!
Megan chose chocolate and pink for her room colors. We used an entire gallon of paint, needing three coats, on the two chocolate walls alone. Now that it's done though, we love the results.
We also painted the bathroom upstairs, which will obviously see more use now that the girls sleep up there.
We've been in the house for five years now, and this is the first project we've done on the upper level. It's exciting for me to finally be "doing something" as far as decorating up there! I've waited a long time for this!
~ Wee

9 comments:

sjb said...

The rooms look great. I love the paint colors.

MomB said...

Cute, cute, cute!!! I know the girls love the "look" in their new rooms by the "look" on their faces! Can't wait to see them in person. Love, momb

smw said...

that's great! i bet they had a ton of fun with that and are enjoying it! it's neat how you could use things that you had and that had sentimental value.

Anonymous said...

It all looks so nice! It's always so much fun to redecorate, and I can tell the girls had a great time doing it!

Jane said...

Looks really fun and girly!!! Great job on the decorating. I know what you mean about making things "your own" look. The wait makes you appreciate it more.

T and M said...

loving those chocolate walls! i bet you will enjoy the decorative touches often ( :

wbchicago said...

Excellent job on the rooms! I'm glad the color choices worked out. The girls look thrilled!

Tonia said...

I also love it when you can use what you already have, especially when it has sentimental value. The rooms look great.

Ang said...

How cute! I especially love the shower curtain in your bathroom because I'm using the same one as curtains in my dining room...LOL!

Love,
Ang