We listened as the prophets of old looked on from Heaven and witnessed how their prophecies about Jesus' birth were being fulfilled. We watched as shepherds and wise men were also shown the fulfillment of the prophecies -- the shepherds, because of their humble hearts and the wise men, because of their searching and believing hearts. We were challenged to come to Jesus with humble hearts of faith.
Here is Leah's song ~ Jeremiah 29:13/Away in a Manger medley
Out of the six songs the choir sang, here is the theme song of the day, Let There be Light.
For some reason, this video is so choppy. I've included the words of the song, so you can at least "read" the beauty of them!
Let There Be Light
Star of wonder, star of night,
star with royal beauty bright;
westward leading, still proceeding
guide us to thy perfect light.
From the beginning the Father
had a magnificent plan,
revealed through the Law and the prophets,
to fulfill the redemption of man.
He spoke after centuries of silence,
in the midst of a still, starry night.
And Emmanuel came down among us,
and the Father said, "Let there be light!"
People who walked in great darkness
gathered from near and far;
shepherds with flocks in their keeping,
three kings who followed a star.
Together, the poor and the richest
witnessed that Bethlehem night,
and the sky full of angels announcing
the birth of the glorious Light.
We who are His have this calling:
to praise Him, and make His name known,
so one day the presence of Jesus
shines in every heart and every home.
Let there be light, let it shine bright,
piercing the darkness with dazzling white.
Hope for the hopeless was born on that night,
when God sent His Son and said, "Let there be light!"
~Wee
P.S. Sorry about the choppiness of the videos. I don't know why they are doing that during uploading. Suggestions, anyone, on what I might be doing wrong?
3 comments:
Both videos came through pretty good. The little boy next to Leah must have had something in his eye! :) I'm glad you zoomed in; otherwise there were times when his arm would have completely blocked her face. The girls song was nice too. I never did find Grace. Was she on the other side of Moria? Nice program, girls. love, momb
I thoroughly enjoyed watching these videos! Beautiful singing, capturing the essence of Christmas.
I enjoyed catching up on your posts today. As always, you do a great job!!!
Post a Comment