Saturday, April 10, 2010

Pins, Pizza & Pop

For the girls' birthdays, I promised each of them massages. Since today marks the eve of Grace's birthday, it was her day. But, I can't just do one of them; I have to do all three! Our early morning aerobics class was cancelled, making the start to our day earlier than usual, and knowing we were planning to go out later in the day to celebrate as a family, we figured morning was the best time for these massages. Grace received a full body massage, but since I had a client coming in just after them, Megan and Leah's times were both abbreviated. Don't worry, they'll get their time later :)

I just have to share that when I was massaging Leah, she'd squirm and say, "Ooww, you do it like Daddy."

"I do?" I answered.

"Yeah, Daddy hurts me and now you hurt me." Oops, guess I should lighten up my touch when I work on my children! She did cry, however, when it was time for Megan's turn, so I guess it wasn't too much discomfort to endure.

Anyway, on with our day.......Grace chose haystacks for her lunch meal. Just after lunch, she opened her presents.
I know it might be hard and you'll have to stretch your imagination a bit, but can you tell what the "theme" of her birthday was!? It's what she loves!
At Georgetown Bowl, we rented a lane for two hours. This was like the girls' third time bowling, ever. It's a bit humbling when your "inexperienced" children get a higher score than you do. In fact, Grace's score was higher than mine on the two full games we played! Seriously, though, I don't mind. I just love spending this kind of time with them, marveling at how God is molding them into the persons that they are.
Waiting for the games to begin....
Being the birthday girl, Grace was first up.
Megan was next in line....
This actually was Leah's first time to bowl, so she first had to receive a few pointers from Daddy.
Hence the title of this post, we received pizza and pop with our package deal. We ate our dinner after the first game. Before our allotted time was up, we enjoyed two and a half games of bowling.
Our family :)
Upon returning home and after baths and showers were finished, we all sat down and watched Grace's new movie, Moondance Alexander.

More to celebrate tomorrow!

~Wee

4 comments:

sjb said...

So glad that Grace had a fun day! Bowling is always fun! Happy Birthday to you Miss Grace!

smw said...

you're such a good mom. i love your heart for your kids.

MomB said...

Sounds like you were bowled over on Grace's birthday!! We are glad you got to do something fun and have some good eats with it too!!
Next one up is Leah! Love, momb

Q said...

Yeah! What fun! I am so glad that you are back on blogger. We loved Moondance Alexander. So glad Grace had an incredible birthday. She is an incredible young lady. You are doing a fine job of raising them.