Monday, May 21, 2012

Our Garden's Debut

I just have to brag about what Alex finished up for us this weekend.  The soil in our garden plot is horrible, has been for the eight years we've lived here.  This year, we decided to no longer fight against the natural clay soil we live on and do a raised garden.  Originally, we were planning to do a 3-level-high bed, but when the first level was put in place, we decided we liked that better.  Alex got creative with the remaining cement blocks and made what Megan has named "our cactus," tripling our original plan!  We had our dirt delivered on Saturday, and the plants were planted.

I couldn't be more excited to be gardening this year, especially with GREAT soil!
~Wee


4 comments:

T and M said...

i love the cactus design! looks really easy to weed ( :

Q said...

I bet if I show Andy, he'll say it's for IU!

Wee said...

Yes, that was Alex's thought as well! He had to do something......with all the Illinois fans on our property.:) He lovingly clarified that it could ALSO be U of I! :) So, in my mind, that's what it is!

Anonymous said...

Love it, Lore!! That just might motivate us to follow suit! Sure looks like U of I!!!
Sally