My recent trip to the dentist revealed that I have a cavity. To fill you in, allow me to back up to a year ago...
After the hygienist cleaned my teeth, she asked me if I had any problems. I stated that occasionally (rarely at that) when I floss, I feel a sensitivity between the teeth that I then pointed out to her. Her reply was (after she took another look at the x-rays), "Oh, there it is." Anyway, after the dentist came in to do his exam, we discussed the x-rays. My impression from our discussion, and the fact that it rarely bothered me, was that it was "no big deal, nothing to worry about." In hindsight, I think he was really saying, "It's no big cavity; just take care of it; all will be fine..."
I realize now that I shouldn't have taken his laid-back manner for granted. Not dealt with at the time, this decay has been given the freedom to grow and penetrate further into the tooth. Although still causing no problems, it was still there; it didn't go away on it's own. This week I had to go back in and have the decay drilled out. Since it was VERY close to the nerve tissue, it's a waiting game to see if the tooth will now heal on it's own.
So, while I'm waiting, I'm thinking.....about how sin in our lives is sometimes "hidden" to others, or to the outside world, but it is not "hidden" from our Heavenly Father who created us and knows every intricate detail about us. I'm resting in the fact that He knows if any bacteria has already creeped into the blood stream, and He has all power to heal the tooth if it is in His will to do so. And, while I'm waiting, I'm asking God to reveal any sin in my heart so it can properly be exposed to His light, drilled out and replaced with reflections of His character.
~Wee
The Year in Review -2024
1 year ago
1 comment:
Hope that tooth heals and you don't have any more trouble with it. You made a good analogy with the decay not being taken care of and letting sin in our lives just stay hidden. Good lesson!!
Love, momb
Post a Comment