Thursday, January 29, 2009

Benefits of Praise

I awoke feeling fearful again through the night. I have to really work to reign my thoughts in during times such as these, or else they'll run rampant and take my heart and mind right along with them. So, I got up, huddled in front of the heater and opened my Bible. On my way toward Psalm 150, my devotion's focus today, the following words from Psalm 145 caught my eye. They read, "...and you give them their food at the proper time...." I stopped flipping pages so I could take in these words again, along with the surrounding verses.


The Lord is faithful to all His promises and loving toward all He has made. The Lord upholds all those who fall and lifts up all who are bowed down. The eyes of all look to You, and You give them their food at the roper time. You open your hand and satisfy the desires of every living thing.

With our business really slow these days, my soul needed to be reminded of God's faithfulness to ALL His promises. It's hard not to let our circumstances control my thoughts and emotions at times. But I am learning that the key to dealing with difficulties in my life lies in trusting the One in control of all things. Human nature so often takes us in the opposite direction, as we take matters into our own hands, grumble and complain.
On to Psalm 150 ~~ an exhortation to worship Him. After reading over this chapter, the words diminished my fearful thoughts, eased the tension away, and breathed peace to my soul. I'll share a few of those verses with you...Praise Him for His acts of power; praise Him for His surpassing greatness... Let everything that has breath praise the Lord.

Lord, truly, You are worthy. Align my heart with Yours.

~Wee

2 comments:

smw said...

i will pray for you guys during this hard time with business. :(
~shar

Jane said...

A wonderful testimony to the power of God's Word when we take it in hand. We love you. Our prayers and thoughts are with you too.