Since we as a family were very interested, and more involved than in the past in this Presidential race, the girls and I sat down on this historical day and watched parts of the inauguration ceremonies that ran throughout the day. The girls got out their
"The Election of a President" lapbooks that they worked so hard on last fall to have handy when President-elect Obama took the Oath of Office. This was actually the first time I have ever watched the changing over of the administrations. I was touched when President and Laura Bush welcomed the Obamas to the Capitol, and then again when the Obamas escorted the Bushes on their send-off back to Texas.
Megan's thoughts of the coverage are: "I loved it. I thought it was neat when Barack Obama went there almost a president and left as a President. They sure had a lot of guards to protect him along the road. I'm glad I got to watch it. "
Grace's thoughts are: "I am glad that I got to see the President on the TV. I liked watching when he took the Oath of Office. We saw the moving trucks moving stuff into the White House. I think it'd be really cool to live in the White House."
~Wee
5 comments:
I remember listening to the radio in our front room when another man, Ike Eisenhower, won the presidential election. I was about Megan's age at the time and was so impressed that this great general was now going to be our next president. That would have been the first election I have any memory of. So glad the girls could view this historical event. Love, momb
Thanks for responding to my blog.
I have 2 more days of orientation monday and Tues. and first 12hour on weds.
I don't start nights until 2 weeks. I will be working 3-12 hour shifts. Not to bad.
Would you guys like to get together for the superbowl?
LOL,
Hol
I loved Megan's observation. I thought it was brilliant.
I wanted to watch with my 10 year old- JD so much, that I took him out of his school and made him come with me to mine. Luckily I teach his grade this year so it was and easy switch. We watched with about 400 kids in our school gym. They were all pretty hyped up. Good times.
I'm enjoying checking in on you...it almost feels like I have been invited over for tea. You do a great job posting.
Jane, you are welcome for tea anytime ;)
Post a Comment