Monday, November 30, 2009

A New Experience

Megan has been asked to be on the girls' basketball team at a local Christian school. She's played Upwards basketball for the past four years, three of them with the same coach. We have become good friends with her coach, whose daughter is the same age as Megan. This is Coach's first year of coaching at this school and since they were short on players, he asked the principal of the school if he could invite Megan on the team, even though she was home schooled. The principal allowed that request, giving Megan a great opportunity to play a sport that she loves in another great environment! We are thankful for this avenue that God opened up in her life! (This principal has been a patient of Alex's and I have visited with him before in the office. It's such a small world. He even came up to me before the game tonight and introduced himself again to me and was glad to have made the connection on who Megan was.)
Coach's pep talk before the game.
They've had a few weeks of practice and tonight was their first game. The ending score was a whopping 40-2. Alex closed the office an hour early so he could make Megan's first game. He arrived at the end of the first quarter and was able to see the rest of the game, in which Megan played portions of.
On defense.
Bringing the ball up the court.
Once again, I truly delight in watching the girls play! It is so neat to see their improvement and development in skill and coordination from year to year. She handled the ball well and had several nice drives in the lane. She even made a basket in the 4th quarter! At the dinner table tonight, Megan was telling us how when she was dribbling the ball and all the players moved out of the lane with their opponents, "it was like I was wide open." I think she was even amazed at the level of play these girls have learned and are now performing!

We'll keep you posted on how the season goes......so I hope you'll bear with us! :)

~Wee

4 comments:

MomB said...

You are looking great, Megan. Keep up the good work! Can't wait to see some more pictures of your games. Love you, momb

Jane said...

Congrats Megan. What school is it? I hope you have a great season.

Wee said...

Jane, it's Central Christian. The team consists of 5th-8th graders. She's really enjoying it.

Tonia said...

What a cool opportunity. I bet it will be a great season.