Sunday, May 2, 2010

Fun on Wheels

Tonight, along with several families from church, we spent two hours at the Roller Dome celebrating for Leonda S.'s 50th "surprise" birthday party. Our group had the rink to ourselves. It was a blast rolling around with so many people we know!
The shiny, waxed floor just about sent me sprawling when I first skated out onto it! It sure wasn't like the cement that we're so used to rollerblading on! So, you can imagine that it was a bit of a challenge to keep our wheels from skidding away from us and to maintain the right amount of friction to remain upright! However, we all proceeded with caution and had a great time.I did have to chuckle at the girls' surprised reaction to the sight of those roller skates with the four orange wheels. I shared from my growing-up years that those are what I learned to skate with. (I'm sure glad to see that "that old kind" is still being used today 'cause now I don't feel so old!)Grace takes a break by the wall, trying to cool off. It was so hot in there!Oops...wipe out!Alex elected not to skate and kept Leah so the older two girls and I could skate.

~Wee

7 comments:

smw said...

it was really fun, wasn't it? jaret said we should do it bimonthly. :)

Wee said...

I agree! Whose birthday should we celebrate next? :)

Anonymous said...

What a fun night! I remember doing this as a kid.

Anonymous said...

Hey Lore,
Anonymous is me. It won't let me post otherwise. Not sure why. Love you.
Sally

T and M said...

your wipe out pic really made me laugh when I saw poor Phil on his side in the background ( :

MomB said...

Hi Lorelei and girlsl. Looks like you had a lot of fun. love, momb

Jane said...

Did I tell you my funny story that I brought an extra pair of blades that we had along? When I put them on at the rink I said, "I've never bladed before." I promptly took them back off and rented a pair of those "funny looking four orange-wheeled ones". It was much safer....and fun. Jeremy's birthday was on the 4th and a group kidnapped him and took him out to IHOP at Midnight Monday--in his bathrobe!!