Friday, October 15, 2010

What will it be?

Today, after science, the kids began a three-week project of what will be a wall mural. Each one has their own 3-foot section to develop and blend into the next person's part. The first thing they did was draw the horizon line from one end of the mural to the other; then the individual drawings began!
Megan, Kayla, and Luke try to decide how best to blend their landscapes, while Grace and Moriah work on their portions.
Megan is making her part into a rain forest, and here she is adding her monkey to the tree. On the way home, she told me all about the symbiotic relationship of the monkey and the owl that will be in her drawings.
Grace's portion consists of a winter scene, complete with a ski resort. Here, she is adding in trees.
Can't wait to see the finished project!
~Wee

2 comments:

MomB said...

When did the girls go to this art class?? Looks like everyone is working intently. I too would enjoy seeing the end results. Love, momb

Anonymous said...

What an excellent idea! Wish I'd thought of this when my kids were younger. I'll certainly pass along the idea if I have the opportunity!

Maybe you could post a picture of the final product when it's done. I'd love to see it!