Since our chicken coop was built in the vicinity of where our fire ring is and not wishing to smoke them out every time we wanted a fire or had to burn something, we decided (a vision I've had for quite awhile) to put in a fire pit as an extension off our patio. We started about 4 p.m., Saturday afternoon and were adding the river pebbles around the stepping stones around 10 p.m.~~ 6 hours from start to finish - not too bad!
We had to dig up and remove all the sod first......
....then decide the width of the pit and the placement of the stepping stones around it. Alex worked to get the first row of the pit level while the girls and I dug out more and more and more sod......
Between bouts of rain about every day thereafter, we attempted to enjoy the warmth of a fire.
So happy with the finished project! Now we can enjoy a campfire setting anytime we want without smoking out our chickens!Come on over and we'll roast marshmallows together!
~Wee
1 comment:
I love this project! I can't wait until Darren and I get a place and can take time to do do-it-yourself projects on weekends. It looks great!
Post a Comment