Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Field Day 2009

Today was the annual track and field day for our home school field trip group. It's always an exciting day! After a thunderstorm early this morning, I wasn't sure we'd get to have it, but the Lord held off any bad weather until just after finishing the mile run (which is the last event of the day). We were home literally less than ten minutes when the thunderstorm arrived.

I had the pleasure of being the group leader for all the 9 year olds, Grace's age level. I was, however, able to run around to capture some pictures of Megs during some of my group's "down" time. After a short devotion and prayer, the first event was the 400 m run. Here, Grace and Moriah have just crossed the finish line from running the 400. Grace's time was 1.43 mins. and it qualified for 1st place. At the ball throw, Grace received 3rd place with a throw of 33 feet.
She also received a 3rd place at the high jump.
All the 9 year olds lining up at the starting line for the 50 m, then the 100 m runs.
Grace came in 2nd in both the 50 m ...
... and the 100 m.
Even after running the mile, Grace had a smile on her face! She earned 1st place with a time of 10.21 mins. After running a mile, she asked if she could run some more, so she ran the mile again when Megan's group did it. I'd be pooped, but not her!
On to Megan~~ She took 1st place in both the 50 m ...
... and the 100 m runs.She tied for 3rd at the high jump.
And here she is at the ball throw.With the finish line just in front of her, here is Megan finishing up her mile run. She had a 1st place finish with a time of 10.25 mins.Good job, girls!!!!

~Wee

4 comments:

Rachel said...

Wow, you have some athletic girls! Amazing. By the way, you can come and see Honey any time you want!

Anonymous said...

Yeah, Gutwein girls!
I ran the half mile when I was in high school. I know how difficult running is. I'm very impressed! Great job!
By the way, Lorelei, it seems like you have a great homeschool group in your area. The girls are always doing fun and unique things. What a blessing for your family.

MomB said...

Wish I could have been there to see you win all your ribbons. You girls both do a great job in whatever activity you apply yourself to!! Keep up the good work. Love you, Grandma B.

Jane said...

As always, I enjoyed your post and your pictures. Keep them coming! Small but mighty, that's your girls!