Sunday, February 14, 2010

Happy Valentine's Day

Our sweet girls apparently planned tonight's dinner a few weeks back. After church today, they got out the china dishes and glass bowls, decorated and set the table, and made meal preparations all by themselves. Grace made the Valentine name cards and wrote a little note inside each one. She even wrote a little note to herself and signed it "Love, myself." (How cute is that?!)

Here is their beautifully decorated table.
They planned the dinner themselves, even sending Daddy to the store for a few ingredients. I did, however, make the heart-shaped meatloaves (an idea I received from my sister-in-law). Leah assisted me in this task.

Our smiling servers.

The table is set and we're ready to eat.
Our lovely dinner plates. Dessert was chocolate and/or vanilla pudding.
Job well done, girls! Thanks so much!!!! We love you!!!!
~Wee

6 comments:

sjb said...

What a nice dinner! Great job girls. We had corn and mashed potatoes too, along with our turkey. I made a heart-shaped flourless chocolate cake with whipped cream and strawberries for dessert. It sure is fun to celebrate with the kids. Love you guys.

Jane said...

Oh my, I am so very impressed with these young ladies!!! Whitney had a sleep over the night before, which I fussed over them a little bit, but except for passing out bags of candy and Valentine cards it was a "normal day". I'll have to take a lesson from these girls and spice things up a little next year!

Margo said...

That is so sweet! We took a family date to B.Antonio's but maybe someday the kids will cook for us :)

Anonymous said...

Your girls are so sweet! I'm sure you and Alex felt very blessed. :)

MomB said...

I wish Grandpa and I could have been there to enjoy your wonderful Valentine's dinner, girls. You did a beautiful job!! I am just now catching up on all the entries you kids have made on your blogs. It is so nice to see the pictures ~ makes it seem like you are right next door. Love, momb

Q said...

Miss you Gutwein Guy and Gals! Looking forward to a new post.