Sunday, February 7, 2010

On the Ice

Last Sunday, several families gathered at the fellowship hall for an evening of ice skating, food, and family games. That afternoon the sun had finally emerged from spending the past several days hanging out behind the clouds. Alex went over after church and snow-blowed the snow off the ice, making it as smooth as possible. It was bitter cold, but lots of fun!

We only have two pairs of skates for our family. Megan wore the pair I picked up at a resale shop for a couple of bucks, and I wore my Mom's skates from her younger years. (Mom should be very happy they are getting use once again and not just being displayed as decorations on my wall!) Since the girls and I were going skiing the next day, I proceeded onto the ice with great caution! I am happy to report ~~ there were no falls for me.
Grace and Leah slid around on their boots.Leah's wipe-out!Someone had the clever idea of giving rides on this camping chair. Leah wasn't so sure about it at first, but she went sitting on my lap. I was more than happy to be pushed around on the ice!
~Wee

1 comment:

sjb said...

Sounds like some good cold fun! Wish we lived closer.