Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Lewis-ette & Clark-ette

We are in the midst of studying the Lewis and Clark expedition. To enjoy the last days of summer, and to seek relief from the blazing heat, we went swimming. The girls did their school work in the morning, we packed our lunch, and left for the pool. We had the pool to ourselves, and the water was so refreshing. I swam awhile then got out and read a book.

Keeping in mind what we are studying at home, can you guess what the girls starting playing? If you guessed "Lewis and Clark," you are right. They had all their belongings (pool chairs, noodles, diving sticks, a "map," fish, etc., all tied together. These are some of the comments I heard coming from their play:

"We're on our way to find the Never Ending Waters."
"Instead of climbing the Rockies, we're crossing the ocean. Only we have to watch out for sharks, instead of buffalo, bears and snakes."
"We're going to make history."
"We have to go get the map." (a spongy disc on the other side of the pool)
"Now it's time to stop and rest (set up camp)."
"It's important that we stay together. This is a dangerous journey."

I love seeing what they are learning in school come out in their play!

Thankful to be home-schooling!
~Wee

3 comments:

Q said...

I love it! I am so blessed to have you as a friend.

Ang87 said...

Lore,

I loved reading this! Sounds like you are having a very fun summer. The pictures are awesome. Beckett started pre-school today...can't believe it's here already. Looking forward to reading more posts in the future. By the way, how about those Cubbies?? I think of you every time they interview Rhino on TV. Maybe we won't have to say "Maybe next year..." anymore!

Love,
Ang

holandjoe said...

Looks great. Check out my blog hjklines.blogspot.com
I don't have any cool pictures though. Tell the girls hi

Love ya all
Joe and Hol