Thursday, September 11, 2008

One of Those Days....

Today was one of those days. You know the kind that you either want to find a cave to hide in or an island out in the middle of who knows where just to have some time to yourself -- to think, or actually, not even to think.

My morning started off at 5:55 a.m., (early for me) when I awoke out of a dead sleep to the sound of someone whimpering (or something that sounded like that....it's hard to tell exactly what the sound was....all I know is I was forced to leave in the middle of my dream). Anyway, I jumped up and went in to check on the girls. LMG wasn't in her bed; MEG and GVG were fine. That's wierd. Where was LMG? Other than a few nightlights, the house was still dark. I went back to our room and turned on the bathroom light. I thought about waking AGG when I saw her lying in front of the chest in our room. She was sound asleep. After carrying her back to her bed, I went back to bed thinking there was still time to catch a few more zzzzzz's. AGG got up to work out shortly thereafter, and since I was still awake, I got up too and we worked out together (something we rarely get to do). After my devotions, I layed down and actually slept for about another hour.

School was a challenge today. We dealt with attitudes and lack of applying oneself. Need I say any more. Right after lunch I dropped the girls off at their piano lessons and LMG and I went to a local coffee shop where I used a gift certificate to try one of their smoothies. We chose strawberry and peach. Very tasty. The time to sit, sip and flip through a magazine refreshed me some. However, that was short-lived as LMG would not settle down for a nap today:( She's been pulling that on me lately. Usually she's fine until about dinner time, then it's pretty much....well, miserable. Why do kids not like naps? I love naps! Wish I could have one every day! I then spent the next two hours mowing. I do enjoy this time and the chance it gives me to reflect on the day and to pray about the day, my attitude, our circumstances, etc.

AGG is never home on Thursday nights. To help cut back on driving and because he opens earlier on Fridays, he stays at the office Thursday nights. So, it's always just me and the girls. With days like today, I find myself getting weary with all the traveling and time away from family that his job and its location (an hour's drive away) requires. Some days the burden seems so heavy. Today was one of those days. Thankfully, tonight we got through dinner, bath time, prayers, and bed time without any hitches. LMG, with no nap, went down extremely quick. The other two girls did great as well. Sigh.....Now, in the quietness of this night, I am thankful for the time to unwind and prepare for the day tomorrow, where we wake up and do it all over again.

Thanks for letting me vent tonight.
~Wee

2 comments:

MomB said...

Sometimes life is hard, and I have to remind myself that we have to keep our eyes on our heavenly goal. The Lord knows our every need and He does provide His help in getting through each trial or heartache. One way to keep a positive attitude is to literally write down as many blessings as you can think of that the Lord has given you. Remember He is faithful. Lots of love, momb

holandjoe said...

Thanks for sharing. Got back from michigan had a good time. Have next weds. and thurs. off. On duty this weekend.

Have a great day,
Love ya,
Hol